Tuesday 28 June 2011

Italy continuum

After Rome things were just getting better and better.
As I arrived at the Gargano National Park, en route to the port of Bari, searching for the ideal campsite, I already knew that I would stay at least a couple of days. The evening sun was shining and the lagoons and sandy beaches I occasionally cought a glimpse of from the road on one side and the hills and forrests on the other were a welcome contrast to the numerous overcrowded cities I have visited in the last three weeks.
The Gargano by the Adriatic sea is relatively remote from the well-travelled areas which meant that the beaches were not crowded and the densely vegetated, mountainous Foresta Umbra was just  a short ride away. With my tent pitched no more than 80m from the beach, and with the best possible neighbours, I could't have picked a better spot. After the 6 days there (which were over before I knew it) I was sad to leave for Greece.

Here are some pictures from Italy. Don't I look great?








                                         









 

No comments:

Post a Comment