Friday 1 March 2013

I'm off again

I left Fremantle around 10 this morning. The landscape, flat and dry went by just like my thoughts of work, and friends I have made and will miss. The last few months were good. I got to understand the Australian lifestyle as one that is very relaxed. Things are easier here. Finding work, place to live, activities and all without stress. And most days really are as sunny as people say. I loved living with my cool and funny flatmates no more than just a 10 minute bicycle ride from the beach. But now I am happy to be moving again and having a change of setting.

The sky was grey by the time I reached Lake Grace. I put my waterproofs on and kept going along the longest straight stretch of road built across a salt lake in Western Australia. The scenery of seemingly never ending wild scrubland and the salt lake all around me was truly spectacular. Alas the weather worsened with approaching darkness and in the end I was a relieved to see the sign for Lake King Caravan Park.

Now I am sitting in a little run down but fairly cozy caravan, drying my clothes, sipping tea and thinking that life isn't so bad.









1 comment:

  1. Hoping the rain has stopped so you can enjoy the ride. Looked back through your blog...you've been on the road a long time. Love the butterflies too.

    ReplyDelete